The following rules govern the use by you of the STEM from the START website located at NHPTV.ORG/STEM.
The rules set forth herein apply to all materials, online communications and other information that is or becomes available on NHPTV.ORG/STEM. BY SIGNING ON AND USING NHPTV.ORG/STEM, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES AND ANY MODIFICATIONS THERETO.
1. Personal Uses Permitted.NHPTV.ORG and NHPTV.ORG/STEM are online information exchange services for use by New Hampshire Public Broadcasting (NHPB) doing business as NHPTV and Learniverse, LLC, , its members and the general public. You shall not post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way use or exploit any Information for commercial purposes or otherwise use the Information in a manner that is inconsistent with these rules and regulations.
2. User's Obligation to Abide By Applicable Law.In connection with the use of NHPTV.ORG/STEM, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement ("Applicable Law"). The Information available on nhptv.org may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries ("Intellectual Property Laws"). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, music, sound samplings and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
3. Disclosure of Online Communications.You are cautioned that online communications are not confidential. NHPTV.ORG/STEM may disclose any communications to the extent permitted or required by law.
4. Prohibition Against Rogue Programming.You shall not post, transmit or make available in any way through NHPTV.ORG/STEM any software or other materials which contain a computer virus, trojan horse, timebomb, worm or other rogue programming ("Rogue Programming"). NHPTV has no obligation to detect the presence of any Rogue Programming. Any downloading of software or other materials or any other use of the Information on NHPTV.ORG/STEM is at your risk, and you are advised to take adequate precautions to minimize any loss to your system caused by Rogue Programming, including use of anti-virus programs and proper backup of files.
5. Content of Information.You are responsible for the content of any Information you put on NHPTV.ORG/STEM. The Information posted to NHPTV.ORG/STEM does not necessarily reflect the views of New Hampshire Public Broadcasting or Learniverse, LLC and in no event shall NHPB or Learniverse, LLC assume or have any responsibility or liability for any information posted to NHPTV.ORG/STEM or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of such information on NHPTV.ORG/STEM. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC have no obligation to, and will not in the normal course, monitor or control any information that is or becomes available on NHPTV.ORG/STEM. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC reserve the right to review any information that is or becomes available on NHPTV.ORG/STEM. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC reserve the right to refuse to post or to edit or remove, in whole or in part, any Information that is, in the sole discretion of NHPB and Learniverse, LLC, unacceptable, undesirable or in violation of these rules. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC have no obligation to exercise such reservation of rights by NHPB or Learniverse, LLC; however, NHPB and Learniverse, LLC have adopted and implemented a policy respecting the copyright law that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the NHPTV.ORG/STEM system or network who are repeat infringers. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC may terminate access for content providers or forum participants who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected material without necessary rights and permissions. By submitting information to NHPTV.ORG/STEM, you grant NHPB and Learniverse, LLC a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, transmit, copy and display such information in any and all media now know or hereinafter devised and represent that you have all necessary rights in such posting. While NHPB and Learniverse, LLC strive to provide users with the highest-quality related resources on all of its sites, we cannot and do not ensure the quality or accuracy of the non-NHPTV.org/STEM content to which we may link.
6. LinksNHPTV.ORG/STEM may contain hyperlinks to external locations (e.g., other websites) controlled by third parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you, and do not imply an endorsement by NHPB or Learniverse, LLC or that any affiliation exists between NHPB, Learniverse, LCC and the linked website. You agree that NHPB and Learniverse, LLC are not responsible for the availability of these external locations, or other content including, without limitations, solicitations thereon or products or services made available thereby. NHPB and Learniverse, LLC have not necessarily reviewed, and does not necessarily endorse, content at linked websites, and is not responsible for such content or for your use of such content. You acknowledge that some external locations may contain material or communications that are unedited, untrue, or illegal in some jurisdictions or that may be offensive. You agree to access external locations at your own risk and not to permit minors to have access to inappropriate material. You agree that NHPTV shall not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused in any way whatsoever related to any such external location. Any concerns regarding an external location should be directed to its website administrator or system operator.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties.NHPTV.ORG/STEM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NHPTV DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY INFORMATION IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE, THAT NHPTV.ORG/STEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY INFORMATION IS FREE OF ROGUE PROGRAMMING.
8. Limitation of Damages.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL NHPB, Learniverse, LLC OR THE MEMBER STATIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE NHPTV.ORG, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION USE OF OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON NHPTV.ORG, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE.
9. Release and Indemnity.YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST NHPB and Learniverse, LLC ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF NHPTV.ORG/STEM. YOU ALSO AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS NHPB and Learniverse, LLC FROM AND AGAINST, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY, INCLUDING COSTS AND ATTORNEYS FEES, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF NHPTV.ORG/STEM OR FAILURE TO ABIDE BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10. Modifications.These rules may be modified by NHPB and Learniverse, LLC from time to time and such modifications will be binding on you when placed online